Saturday, December 20, 2008

INCrowd Interview, 12/20/08 - Allison Douglass aka craftgirlalli

Is that a "sale" critter I see? Why yes, it is! Alli has some really cute items for sale, and at the perfect time of year. No, it's NEVER too late (or too early) to shop for Kwanzaa, Hanukkah or Christmas!

Where were you born & raised?
Frankfort, IN

Where are you now & what led you there?
I'm in Lafayette. It's only about 25 minutes from my hometown. I'm here because I was tired of living in Frankfort (boring!) and because I work here.

What types of creations do you sell in for your Etsy shop(s)?
I sell mostly kids room decor. Picture frames, wall pegs, that sort of thing. Around Christmas, I start working on ornaments and other seasonal decor. I also do birdhouses.

[Editor's Note: craftgirlalli has some outstanding Christmas Ornaments for sale right now!]

What's your educational background, as it relates to your work?
Well, it doesn't relate to it too much. I just graduated in May of 2008 from Ivy Tech for Web Management (basically web design). So, I guess on the computer side I can eventually make my own website outside of Etsy.

How'd you get started creating?
In Aug/Sept of 2007 my best friend introduced me to the idea. Then we tried a craft show in November and I've been hooked ever since.

What's your muse, or what turns that little creative light inside you on?
Usually it's just whenever I get a new idea.

Do you belong to any Street Teams? If so, which ones and why?
The INCrowdteam and Etsymoms. I joined the INCrowdteam to get familiar with things happening locally, and Etsymoms...because I'm a mom!

What's your favorite thing about selling on Etsy?
Knowing that people like my work!

Recommend your five favorite shops on Etsy.
oh wow...this is hard!!
1. Wyles Style
2. Pink Lemonade Boutique Bags
3. DizzeeLizzee
4. Angelface Baby
5. Cookie Dough

Show us pictures of your three favorite items from your own shop.
hmm...this is another hard one...but here it goes!

Angel Bird House

Star Wall Pegs


Reserved Listing for mommyto3cuties980407

Fab, Allison. Thanks so much, and enjoy the holidays!!

Carolynn

No comments:

Post a Comment