Monday, March 28, 2011

Insprired by Pop

As you may remember two weeks ago, I called for INcrowd team members to create something inspired by a pop song. Kaytie Johnson of Design Theory felt a POP of inspiration and graciously shared with the team!  Kaytie says that many of her pieces are inspired by music such as the listing below. The Paloma Necklace was inspired by the group Chic in particular a song called "I Want Your Love." Kaytie says that she envisions Paloma Picasso wearing this piece while at Studio 54 in the 1970s, dancing the night away!

I Want Your Love item listing

My inspiration came from a song by Florence and the Machine called "The Dog Days are Over". I have not listed the piece on Etsy yet but below is a sneak peak! Since the dog days are over, that must mean its time for the cats to rule! This piece was made from a vintage belt that my friend Jessica found, we re-purposed it with vintage brass chain and a piece of faceted Jet.

Rana Salame Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment