Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Academy Worthy

This past Sunday, Oscars were handed out to talented actors, directors, cinematographers, and a few other people that make going to the movies thought provoking and stimulating. Congrats to them! However, I won't lie, I turn to the Academy Awards to see the fashion! I must say this year there were quite a few trends, nude colored dresses with tulle and rhinestones (ala Mandy Moore and Hailee Steinfeld), red gowns (ala Penelope Cruz and Jennifer Lawrence) and my favorites the regal purples (ala Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman, and Jennifer Hudson's shoes).The jewels were understated yet intricate when further examined (ala Gwenneth Paltrow and Melissa Leo) I was surprised there were no big statement pieces! Needless to say I was inspired, so I scoured our team site for some Oscar worthy items and found some great pieces!

These earrings by Allison from BeachFlowerDesigns reminded me of Nicole Kidman's great vintage diamond necklace with the slight oxidization. These sparkly numbers could win awards.
Everyone needs a cute clutch, and this one by Lynn David brings visions of Haliee Stienfeld's beautiful Marchesa gown. Cute, elegant, young and fresh! 
Okay so Marisa Tomei's dress got mixed reviews but one thing stayed true, everyone loved her earrings, check out these vintage treasures from Oshe, the sun burst design reminds everyone that your here to shine!
She may have not been wearing a bra, but I did think of Mila Kunis when I saw this hot little lilac number by ToadLillie
I know LePlumeEthere is not on our team, but these must be the spiting image of Jennifer Hudson's purple shoes, indeed they did go well with her crazy orange dress, and these would go well with a variety of award winning looks! 
post by RanaSalame

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for mentioning my clutch! I also had a blast checking out the Oscar fashions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanessa! Your clutches are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea for a post! Thank you for including The Girl Is A Vamp. xo

    ReplyDelete