Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Meet: glitteringphotos

Hello, happy blog readers! Forgive my absence last Tuesday -- does anyone else find it nearly impossible to get things done in the midst of the holidays? This week, I'm back with glitteringphotos, a sparkling Etsy shop based out of Jeffersonville, Ind. The shop is more than mere photography; shop owner Debbie Rigrish really makes her work, well, glitter. Read on for more!

Name
: Debbie Rigrish

City of residence: Jeffersonville

Shop name: glitteringphotos

Is there any meaning behind the name of your shop? Not really. Since that's what I do, I though it would make it easy to remember.

Tell me about the types of items for sale at your Etsy shop. I have mostly glittered photos of nature but am now offering non glittered, too.

What’s your real-world job? I'm a bond trader at a brokerage firm in Louisville, KY.

How did you learn your Etsy craft? It's just something I came up with while looking at some of my saved photographs looking for a nice present. I just saw one and thought, "That would really look cool with some glitter on it," so I started experimenting with it.

What's your muse, or what turns that little creative light inside you on? I've always enjoyed nature photography, so that part was just natural. Now I tend to look at my photography not only as just beautiful but also as "would that look even better glittered?" It's not always easy to decide.

What are your five favorite shops on Etsy?
Which three of your own items for sale are your favorite? Why do you like them so much?
  1. Crane Hiding, 8 x 10 -- I like because he just looked so cute standing there behind that stump. (At top of post)
  2. Flowering Almonds, 16 x 20 -- Because it is one of my most favorite plants in my garden. (Second image in post)
  3. Sunset over Ft, Myers No. 2, 8 x 10 -- Because to me it looks like the eye of God looking down on us. (At right)
What's the best compliment you've received from a buyer? That the photograph looks so much better in person. Taking pics of photographs is harder than you may think.

Where else can we find you on the Internet? I'm on Facebook and Twitter. I haven't had the time to do a blog yet but eventually will.

Are you an Indiana Estisian who'd like to be a member of the INCrowdteam? Leave us a comment! Or maybe you're already an INCrowdteam member and would like to see your shop featured in this blog. If so, shoot me a convo at Jaclyn1423.

No comments:

Post a Comment