Saturday, March 14, 2009

INCrowdteam Interview, 3/7/09 - Kathie Jo Robert, aka MamaJody54

MamaJody claims that she's terrible at interviews. Sure, it's a bit spare, but doesn't it tantalize? Doesn't it make you want to know more, to visit her shop, to buy and buy some more?!?! Sure it does! Read on and see.

Where were you born & raised?
Born and raised in Illinois just outside of St. Louis, MO

Where are you now & what led you there?

Now I live in Georgetown, Indiana. We have moved to this area after the airline my husband, an aircraft mechanic and I worked for in Louisiana went bankrupt. He got a job with UPS and is based in Louisville.

What types of creations do you sell in for your Etsy shop(s)?
I crochet all kind of things, scarves, neck warmers, scrunchies, baby blankets, bath sets for babies, teens and adults, foo-foo purses, etc. I am going to start on lap afghans.

What's your educational background, as it relates to your work?
I graduated from Collinsville High School in 1972. I have taken food service classes. I am a "lunch lady" at Georgetown Elementary. I am the assistant manager and the lunch clerk. I am one of the privileges few that gets to interact with most of our students on a daily basis. If you mean my crocheting, I have never taken classes.

How'd you get started creating?
My gramma and my mom both crocheted. My gramma always was crocheting something. I learned to crochet when I was about 13 and have been crocheting ever since.

What's your muse, or what turns that little creative light inside you on?
I am not sure. I will look at something, then think of a way that I can make it. It is like I can see what I want to make in my head. I can crochet from patterns, too.

Do you belong to any Street Teams (other than the INCrowdteam)? If so, which ones and why?
I belong to the Esty Angels and the Efast team.

What's your favorite thing about selling on Etsy?
I love it when someone likes something I have made to actually buy it. Next would be the friendships I have made with other Etsyians from all over.

Recommend your five favorite shops on Etsy.
sewinggranny.etsy.com
myminimocs.etsy.com
lindsaylou27.etsy.com
satinpetalsoap.etsy.com
crochetbymsa.etsy.com


Show us pictures of your three favorite items from your own shop.

Thanks, Mama!!

No comments:

Post a Comment