Saturday, February 28, 2009

INCrowdteam Interview, 2/28/09 - Lori Hadley, aka lochristine

There are a lot of jewelry-makers and jewelry-sellers on Etsy, that's for sure. Ever tried a search?!? But I must say, there is real distinction at lochristine's shop. I hope you read on, visit, and enjoy.


Where were you born & raised?
Fort Wayne, IN

Where are you now & what led you there?
I’m back in Fort Wayne, IN. I came back here after college to work for Lutheran Social Services and have stayed because I met my husband and inherited two beautiful step-daughters.

What types of creations do you sell in for your Etsy shop(s)?
I create both sterling silver and copper jewelry. Many of my current creations also include an assortment of beads. However, I plan to shift away from the beads in the new year and focus solely on metals. I also have a welder that I’m dying to use. Stay tuned:)

What's your educational background, as it relates to your work?
I am primarily a self-taught artist. I’ve never taken a jewelry or metal-smithing course, but have read a lot of books!

How'd you get started creating?
I come from a crafty sort of family. My mom was very creative when I was young and encouraged my sister and I to be the same. I’ve always been fascinated with jewelry and started creating different pieces long ago. I just wasn’t motivated to turn my jewelry into a business until I met my husband (ryanhadley.com). He is an all around inspiration – painter, tattoo artist, business owner, etc.

YUM! For those of us who are local or who like to road-trip, where do you have items on consignment?
My jewelry will soon be for sale at the Firefly Coffee House (3523 North Anthony Blvd., Fort Wayne, Indiana). I'm taking some items there next week so hopefully they'll be available in a week or two. I'm looking into other places to consign my jewelry, it's a goal for this year to get my work out there!

What's your muse, or what turns that little creative light inside you on?
Two main things:
Nature – I am constantly inspired by nature – the colors, objects, and sounds of it all
Music - I am completely uninspired to create things without some of my favorite folk tunes blasting in the background!

Do you belong to any Street Teams (other than the INCrowdteam)? If so, which ones and why?
FAM (Fabulous Artistic Moms) – I love to network with other creative moms
EtsyVeg – I’m a vegetarian and strong supporter of animal rights

What's your favorite thing about selling on Etsy?
Etsy is full of such a plethora of great items and talented artists. I am often inspired by other sellers items and love the feeling of satisfaction when I make a sale!

Recommend your five favorite shops on Etsy.
There are so many to choose from!!
1) TheCommonMilkweed - amazing rock hemp necklaces and woodworking
2) IreneSuchocki - stunning photography
3) Ellembee - great clothes
4) LeanDogPottery - fabulous pottery
5) CricketsCreations - amazing scarves

Show us pictures of your three favorite items from your own shop.

Tan and Copper Dangles


Nature's Colors


Sterling Silver Spiral


Are you planning to sell at any art fairs or craft shows yet this year? If so, where and when?

No craft show plans yet. I know I'll be attending some, but I haven't decided which ones yet.

Anything else to brag about (shows, newspaper or magazine interviews)? Brag on!
Check out my blog for more information! http://lochristine.blogspot.com

Thanks so much! Let me know if you need anything else! - Lori
Uh, some of your stuff for FREE?!?!?! - Carolynn

No comments:

Post a Comment