Saturday, January 3, 2009

INCrowd Interview, 1/3/09 - Rebecca aka vivavariety

A call to arms and a Georgian answers! I love it when folks really want to be interviewed. Here's vivavariety, a busy INCrowder with two shops and lots of style.


Where were you born & raised?
Lithonia, Georgia (20 mins from Altanta)

Where are you now & what led you there?
Indianapolis, IN. I had never moved away from home and my boyfriend grew up here so this is where I ended up!

What types of creations do you sell in for your Etsy shop(s)?
I have two shops. One is for my Blythe doll creations (glamourfae.etsy.com) and my other one (vivavariety.etsy.com) is a hodgepodge of things; stickers, knits, jewelry, book marks, cell phone charms, and gift tags. This is the shop that I am focusing on!

What's your educational background, as it relates to your work?
I guess you could say I am "self taught". I've never taken any sort of crafting class. I've learned almost all I know from books, online, and other crafters. Like so many others, I taught myself how to knit from Stitch n Bitch!

How'd you get started creating?
When I was 18 I moved in with my insanely creative boyfriend. He's a writer and musician and was always working on something. I guess you could say I was a bit jealous of his creativity! So I began crafting to keep myself busy while he did his thing and now I would say I've become a little obsessed with it.

What's your muse, or what turns that little creative light inside you on?
Hmmm... this is a tough one! I guess my muse would be fellow crafters. I love browsing Flickr and Etsy for inspiration. I also tend to lie in bed at night just thinking of new things to make. It actually helps me unwind.

Do you belong to any Street Teams? If so, which ones and why?
Just the INCrowdteam! I was unaware of Etsy street teams until I was invited to this one. It's a great way to meet fellow crafters and get your shop out there!

What's your favorite thing about selling on Etsy?
The excitement I get from selling an item and having the customer really love it.

Recommend your five favorite shops on Etsy.
Gorjuss - I absolutely love her artwork!
Craft Pudding - Insanely adorable stamps!
Elsita - Really cool artwork and amazing felt brooches!
Hollypop Shop, now A Little Stranger - Super cute plushies!
Button Arcade - Lots of cute things and a fellow Blythe collector

Show us pictures of your three favorite items from your own shop.

Black Swarovski Bow Necklace - Reserved for MorganAnnie


Felted Wrist Corset - ON SALE


Vintage Kid's Play Stickers - 1 1/2 inch circle stickers

Thanks, viva!!!

Carolynn

No comments:

Post a Comment