Saturday, February 21, 2009

REPOST: INCrowdteam Interview, 2/21/09 - Roseanna Elleman aka woolandmore

This was originally posted with errors and omissions on 1/24/09. My fault! Here is a corrected version, with yummy pix and all. Enjoy, and thanks for your patience, woolie!

Where were you born & raised?
I was born and raised in Evansville Indiana.

Where are you now & what led you there?
I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. My mom and I moved up here when I was a teenager.

What types of creations do you sell in for your Etsy shop(s)?
I sell crocheted and knitted items (mostly dish cloths/bags/handwarmers), gift tags, and handspun yarn. I do paintings and some quilting that I do not sell.

What's your educational background, as it relates to your work?
I am a stay at home mom, with a high school diploma. My mom taught me how to crochet when I was a young kid, and I taught myself how to knit. I was taught how to spin yarn from a fiber artist here in Indiana.

How'd you get started creating?
I've been creating from my very early days of crocheting for my barbie dolls, then progressed from there.

What's your muse, or what turns that little creative light inside you on?
Oh my, everything. When I see the swirls of color in a sunset or the natural beauty of a winter snow on a forest. I love nature and try to incorporate that in all my work.

Do you belong to any Street Teams (other than the INCrowdteam)? If so, which ones and why?
Etsyfast, I like being surrounded by other fiber artist.

What's your favorite thing about selling on Etsy?
The excitement I get from selling an item and having the customer really love it. I like all the wonderful friends and support I have got from fellow artists.

Recommend your five favorite shops on Etsy.
These are a few of my favorites
spoolofplenty
treatsoap
dennisanderson
fishstique
craftysteph
(there are sooo many that I'd love to name as well but must limit it to 5. Etsy has some really nice shops.)

Show us pictures of your three favorite items from your own shop.






Anything else to brag about (shows, newspaper or magazine interviews)? Brag on!
I am still a bit new, not too much to brag on about. But this really nice lady named Carolynn convo'd me to be a interviewee for the Indiana Street Team blog. :)

Awwww. Thanks so much for joining the Team. Your spun wool is yummylicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment