Saturday, January 10, 2009

INCrowd Interview, 1/10/09 - Jo Ann Gallagher aka gallagj

Yet another fantastic newbie to the INCrowdteam is ready and willing to talk about her work. She has very elegant and unique pieces, so read on and enjoy...


Where were you born & raised?
I was born in Libertyville, IL and raised in Fulton, MO most of my childhood.

Where are you now & what led you there?
I live North of Indianapolis in Pendleton. My husband's company was bought out and his job relocated us here 21 years ago.

What types of creations do you sell in for your Etsy shop(s)?
I sell beaded jewelry and just learned how to wire wrap. I will be adding new wire wrapped pieces soon. I also sell beads and findings.

What's your educational background, as it relates to your work?
I am self taught. I learned to do the wire wrap through a fellow Etsyian.

How'd you get started creating?
I bought a DIY jewelry kit and was hooked! I started trying new things and taught myself many new techniques.

What's your muse, or what turns that little creative light inside you on?
What turns on my creative light would be really beautiful beads. I find something I really fall in love with and build around that.

Do you belong to any Street Teams (other than the INCrowdteam)? If so, which ones and why?
No, this is the only Team I belong to.

What's your favorite thing about selling on Etsy?
The excitement I get from selling an item and having the customer really love it. I love to see my buyers get excited by my work. I love the fact that people all across the country are wearing something I created. It makes me feel happy and excited to hear from my buyers that they really loved the piece they bought. I am a people person and love meeting all of these new people.

My 5 favorite shops on Etsy are:
studioseven
raevyn77
slidingalong
lvsbeadsnthings
CCSynopticvisions
These shops have lovely supplies and the sellers are awesome!

My 3 faves in my shop are:
Silver Plated Chunky Red Watch With Burgundy Teardrop Glass Pearls

18 Gauge Wire Wrapped Silvertone Green Beaded Ring
Plum Beautiful Bracelet with Pearls and Crystal Slide Spacer Beads

Anything to brag on?
I was featured in this seller's blog a couple of months ago: http://simplyraevyn.com/blog/. I was truly honored then too. I will not be doing my first show until Spring when the INCrowdteam puts theirs together.

Thank you again, Carolynn. I feel so happy that you feel my work worthy of this and I appreciate it so much!

Jo

Hey, Jo, of course it is!! All INCrowders are worthy, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Carolynn and to the team. I appreciate the shop exposure so much. What an awesome team with beautiful shops! You all rock!

    ReplyDelete