Saturday, August 30, 2008

INCrowd Interview, 8/30/08 - Lisa Norman, TNLconcepts

I love dichroic glass so much!!! So does this week's interviewee, Lisa Normal. Check out what she had to say about that, and more:

Where were you born & raised?
I was born in Oakland, CA, but raised way up in the Sierra Nevada mountains

Where are you now & what led you there?
We just moved to Frankfort from Noblesville. I came to Indiana because of my husband's job transfer. He said "want to move to Indiana?" And I said "Isn't that back east somewhere?" But I love it here!

What types of creations do you sell in for your Etsy shop(s)?
I make glass jewelry and I do some photo jewelry on the side.

What's your educational background, as it relates to your work?
I have some books on glass jewelry, but I started by beading, then got bored and bought a kiln.

How'd you get started creating?
I saw dichroic glass on Ebay and immediately wanted some. Then I had to figure out what to do with it.

What's your muse, or what turns that little creative light inside you on?
I turn on "The Track (107.9?)" radio station and start re-living 70s disco. For some weird reason, it sparks my creativity. Weird, but it works for me!

Do you belong to any Street Teams? If so, which ones and why?
Other than the INCrowd? Not yet.

What's your favorite thing about selling on Etsy?
I like the personal feeling I get when I'm buying or selling. Its a very comfortable place.

Recommend your five favorite shops on Etsy.
Eeek! I have quite a few:

JessieLawson does some really cool cat creations
Moonwild has some fascinating mixed media art
YouStinkSoap - because the name cracked me up
Spiraln - his drawings are wonderful
FeralGlass is a great glass artist.

Show us pictures of your three favorite items from your own shop.

Living for the City Dichroic glass pendant


Reds & Yellow & Blues, Oh My!


Opalescent Dichroic Glass Pendant


Anything else?
Since I just moved, I don't have the kiln set up yet, but I have a new space to get creative in, so watch out!!

We will, Lisa. Welcome to the INCrowd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment